Terms & Conditions
(bookings & payment stuff)
1. Bookings are acceptable upon client/s details provided for transport requirements correspondence either by email, telephone, text, or in person. More notice the better for essential bookings to be confirmed available for your convenience. Booking minimum is per 2 or more persons only. (At Managements discretion).
2. Direct Credit, Credit Card via PayPal, Voucher & Cash are acceptable methods of payments welcomed.
3. All direct pre-bookings require credit card details to be held for booking security. Only charged as agreed accordingly with the client to complete the booking of service including if/any refunds, cancellations or fees. Therefore no further correspondence will be deemed necessary.
4. Large group bookings can be arranged with prior notice provided. (At Managements discretion).
5. Large group bookings to be held bank account details will be provided at the time of booking confirmation for a deposit to be made in advance. Further full payment will be required before the booking confirmation date of departure (Monday to Friday). (Or at Management’s discretion).
6. Third party bookings are confirmed only with Management approval where is requiring invoice processing and/or is commissionable.
7. Either party may terminate an agreed document both signed upon providing at least 30 days of written notice.
8. Credit Card or Foreign Currency payments made through PAYPAL are subject to PAYPAL terms & conditions. General bookings NO Fee’s. May be a surcharge cost where user pays regarding any cancellations or refunds. (Or at Managements discretion).
9. Once the client has started their confirmed transport and if change of mind during this travel time will forfeit any refund; this also includes using any other transport operator than us booked with. Weather permitting not applicable.
10. Travel times are estimated only and set for your Convenience, Enjoyment and Safety First. Return late more than 10minutes or more will incur a fee of $20.00 per person minimum x 2 applicable. Together preventing further travel delays, woes & worries.
11. Pick-ups & Departure times can be strict. Clients ‘please’ be ready 15 minutes before departure from pick-up destination or as prior arranged with Management. Together preventing to avoid further travel delays.
12. If there are major delays informed notification will be provided or MUST BE GIVEN. Contact details are relevant.
13. Part bookings cannot be transferred to another day. (Or at Managements discretion).
14. Unforeseen circumstances out of our control may affect bookings to be cancelled or delayed i.e.; a natural disaster; weather conditions, landslips, volcanic activity, floods, road works/closures, accidents, list of some but not to be exhausted, therefore bookings cannot be guaranteed.
15. Regular ’No Shows’ will not be tolerated and you may be refused any future transport services with Backyard Tours.
16. Children 12yrs & under must be accompanied with an adult (without an adult, please ask management for arrangements). Age restriction is for awareness and safety first.
17. Departures are from Turangi, or Lake Rotoaira State Highway 46, or otherwise ‘stated’ at the time of the booking confirmation. Vehicle parking is at the owners’ full responsibility. No further liability is to Backyard Tours Limited. Travellers’ insurance is recommended.
18. Clients booking confirmation on payment accepts our media photography for publication via Backyard Tours social media applications. If you DO NOT wish to participate please inform us. Photos are displayed and deleted periodically as new ones appear.
19. Backyard Tours adheres to the New Zealand Transport Association and the *Operator License Rules. Your safety first. We are environment friendly where recycling is practical and being fuel conscience for vehicle efficiency and being aware of the environment.
20. All Terms are subject to be updated at any one time.
21. Prices are subject to change without notice at any one time. Agent booking fees’ may be applicable.
22. If any medical concerns please seek advice from a legal Practitioner before attempting any ‘outdoor’ activities. Outdoor activities of participation are at your own risk and therefore no further liability will be made towards Backyard Tours Limited.
23. All bookings apply to the Terms’ set by Backyard Tours. Please contact us Backyard Tours if you have any further concerns.
Cancellations & Refunds
1. Bookings requesting cancellation must be received by Backyard Tours within 48 hrs or more with written notice (email, letter, text, and phone) acceptable for 100% refundable. Notice less than 48 hrs and before 24 hrs notice will incur a 50% refund. Notice less than 24 hrs will forfeit any refunds.
2. Cancellations & refunds is applicable with prepaid bookings where credit card details held for security will be charged accordingly. Therefore no further correspondence will be necessary.
3. Once the client has started their confirmed transport and if change of mind during this travel time will forfeit any refund; this also includes using any other transport operator than us booked with. Weather permitting not applicable.
4. Inquiries of bookings confirmed paying with PAYPAL will be issued with correspondence through PAYPAL via Email.
5. Credit Card or Foreign Currency payments through PAYPAL are subject to PAYPAL terms & conditions. General bookings NO Fee’s. May be a surcharge cost where user pays regarding any cancellations or refunds. (Or at Managements discretion).
6. If a client has booked & prepaid and is then *refused transport, the client will forfeit any payment for any refund.
7. Unforeseen circumstances out of our control may affect bookings to be cancelled i.e.; a natural disaster; weather conditions, landslips, volcanic activity, floods, road works/closures, accidents, list of some but not to be exhausted, bookings affected will be notified and informed. Arrangements can be made for change of dates or a full refund is applicable.
8. Any cancellations made at the discretion of Backyard Tours affecting any bookings, the client will be notified and informed of arrangements for a future date or a full refund is applicable.